Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Need a break from eating healthy and are breaks worth it?

Well, apparently even though I was really mad the other day and felt bad, it did some good! Most of you buckled down and tried to do better this week! I am proud of you. I am thankful that you didn't give up on yourself. I guess I am more like a Jillian (from biggest loser) blunt! I know that each of you can get to where you want to be, just go day by day. I don't want anyone to ever give up just because they are having a bad day.

Bad days happen to everyone. I know sometimes you have to just go out and eat something not healthy in order to have a break. I have been there. Trust me I ate orange roughy and broccoli for 6 weeks every night for dinner because I wanted to see how lean I could get, it worked but I really wanted to have some steak with mashed potatoes. The only thing that kept me going is knowing what I wanted to look like when I reached my goal. I want you to reserve those days of blowing your diet to once a month if possible. Take one day a month go out to dinner and have a nice dessert. Then I want you to record how it made you feel. If it made you feel good and ready to get back on track then you are capable of doing this reward. If you do it and you feel guilty and sad, then you probably shouldn't do it. Dieting is an emotional roller coaster daily. We feel good if we work out, then if we mess up just a little it brings us down. The one thing that I have learned is that we cannot be perfect all the time. Every so often we need a diet break. When I eat badly I end up feeling horrible, and feeling the need to work harder that day, sometimes that night. So, keep track of how it makes you feel. Did you lose weight the week you ate out? If not as much are you ok with that result? These are questions that you need to answer before you eat out! LOL Have a healthy day.

1 comment:

Kim J said...

I love your insight...and you are totally right! I am feeling good right now and my head is in a good place. Maybe that is because when I did my body analysis this morning on the Wii it said I lost 5.7 pounds in 8 days! Yippee. Working to surprise Justine with my weightloss for next time I see her is working. Plus, I have my 30 year (yes 30!) class reunion next June and I will not want to go as an obese person. Overweight...okay, but not obese! Also, in Feb. we are going to Vegas for a gymnastics meet and one of my friends from nursing school lives there and I want to go see her but am usually ashamed of the shape I have allowed myself to be in for so long. I would love to show up on my way to skinny. Or, at least on my way to a healthy BMI! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings on eating healthy. It is helping me!