Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sugars according to Sparkpeople.com

Many people ask how many carbs, protein, fat should I have, it is a ratio thing. If you follow 40%carbs, 30% protein and fat you will be eating right.

On one of the spark people articles in says that your sugars per day (this includes added to an item or hidden sugars in processed foods) should be as follows:
A person eating 2000 calories per day = should have 32 g. of sugar (which is 8 tsps.)
A person eating 1200-1500 calories per day = should have 19-24 g. of sugar (which is 6 tsps.)

Take a test and count your sugars for the day and see where you are at? I have never done this so I will do it today and let you know. Work out hard and keep on track.

2 comments:

Kim J said...

If my count is right I am follower number 8. I have had a great day today...healthy eating speaking. I have been recording my intake on weightwatchers.com. I just got mobile internet on my phone and ww has a mobile tracking tool and I have had the etools membership forever so I am going to use it since I am familiar with it. But, I will follow your rules! I like them, but if I keep track of points then if I stray a little from your plan I won't feel like a complete failure. Points tracking comes out to about the same number of calories as is recommended on Spark.
So here goes....I am on my way to skinny with the Getting Healthy Diet Club.

Diet Club said...

Good for you!!! I figured that you didn't like my comments, maybe they were to harsh so you didn't want to do this diet. Realize that you need to eat a protein with either a vegie or fruit (nothing else) 5 times a day. I do however think that if you add bread or oatmeal at breakfast it will help get your day going and it still has time to breakdown. Anyway, call me if you need anything. I have never been a fan of weight watchers because it allows you to eat food that is just bad for you. In the long run it doesn't make you healthier.