Thursday, September 24, 2009

Little Phrases to keep you going, plus give you something to think about.

Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer. Marcia Wieder

I love this phrase. At yoga some of the instructors give us this motivational words of wisdom after class. I think that it is important to be able to keep going.

Our bodies have such a memory it is crazy. For instance, all of us have gone on a diet and then quit. We lose for awhile and then we come to a hault and don't lose for a couple of weeks, so we stop dieting. WRONG THING TO DO!!! My theory is this: our body loses weight and then stops and says, no reason to keep giving up weight she will quit she always does. If you stick with your diet program you body will realize that you are serious this time and start losing again. It is basically a battle of the wills. Your mind (that knows the right thing to do) vs. your body (simply acting like a spoiled child wanting whatever it wants when it wants).

Stick with your program. If it stops working for three weeks call me. I guarantee that you have changed something or need to just tweak your diet a little bit and then you will be on track again.

I watched Dr. Oz yesterday and in his parting words he said this: If you give up 100 calories of junk food everyday for a year you will lose 10 lbs. This is a great motivator for some people. I look at it the opposite if I eat an extra 100 calories a day then I am going to gain 10 lbs this year. For me, that is 2 dress sizes. Seriously scary!!!

Please think of what you are eating. Ask the question: Is it good for me or am I just filling up on empty calories to satisfy a craving (the spoiled child).

Good Luck everyone!!!

2 comments:

Kim J said...

Love the "spoiled child" analogy! I have been a bad mom to my body over the years always giving in. NO MORE! I am going to be a mean mom from now on, actually its been since Sept 1st! I can hear the child screaming, but I am NOT giving in.

Diet Club said...

Good. Because to be a good mom you can't let the child get its way or they will be a pain in the butt. I know you can do this!!